There are various diabetes softwares and tools available online for better management of diabetes. I surfed net and found some of the best diabetes tools and softwares and compiled a list with information which I hope will benefit you a lot.
1. http://www.diabeteschart.org is free printable charts which will help you in understanding, tracking and managing your sugar level.
2. http://carelogger.com helps you to log your glucose level online and it also helps you to track your blood pressure, meals and also helps in following you the trends.
3. AIDA diabetes software stimulator program – it is a freeware software of blood glucose-insulin action + insulin dose & diet adjustment in insulin-dependent. You can download it from here.
4. http://www.bodysigma.com it helps you to upload your sugar readings from various devices like Acuchek, Bayer Contour, Bayer Breeze 2, and LifeScan OneTouch to name a few.
5. For those who depend on insulin there is Calsulin is a credit card sized electronic calculator which helps you in adjusting your insulin dose. Here you will have to input blood glucose, insulin ratio, grams of carbohydrates, and estimated post-injection exercise.Its price is $ 8.99 and the URL is http://www.thorpe-products.com/home.html.
6. Store your personal health records along with your friends and family with HealthFile Plus. You can export or import the data from your computer to any hand held device and vice versa, can even back up for restore the data according to your use and the best part is that you have privacy for your data as it can be protected by password. To know more about HealthFile Plus go http://healthfile-plus.software.informer.com/ and download it.
7. Health monitor helps you to store you weight, blood pressure and your sugar level. To use this software you will have to update some basic info of the patient like age, gender, name, body weight , diet and body work out plans to name some important. It can also be used by doctors to keep the records of his/her patients and you can also take print outs. Download Health monitor http://healthmonitor.software.informer.com/download/. Drawback with this software is that the interface is not user friendly and it does not include reminders.
8. HeyDoc helps you to store all your medical info at one place is very user friendly and can be printed. You can keep track of your blood pressure, sugar level, emergency contact number, your name, your diet info, list of past and recent medications, cholesterol level chart, allergic reactions, blood type, eye examinations etc. Download http://heydoc.software.informer.com/download/.
9. PrintAGlucoseDiary helps you to take a print out of your daily or weekly glucose level and helps your doctor to keep a track of your blood sugar for proper treatment. PrintAGlucose is like an organized diary which you can keep with yourself. It runs under Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows Me, and Windows XP operating systems and Microsoft Word 2002 (XP). Download http://printaglucosediary.software.informer.com/download/.
10. Glucose Journal and Database is an application used by diabetic patients to keep the records of their blood sugar and keep it for further analysis. Good thing about this application is that even if you don’t enter date and time properly you will always get the results you will get results in correct order always. Here users have lots of option as they can access the deleted records, can record blood pressure readings, you can select between mg/dl or mmol/l for blood sugar readings. It has columns like Time and Date, Date, Glucose and Date, Notes, Glucose and Blood pressure. This application is easy to use and you can take print outs to show to your doctor that will help him to provide better treatment. To install this application minimum requirement is Windows 95. Download http://glucose-journal-and-database.software.informer.com/download/.
11. Daily Diabetes Diet Counter 1.6 – This is a freeware and for this you need Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, WinXP, Windows2003, Unix, Linux .Used by diabetic patients to track of their calories intake, starch, vegetables, fruits, milks, meats and fats on daily basis and then you can take a print out. To refer to your doctor who will help you in deciding a proper diet. Download http://www.lisisoft.com/download.php?id=46560.
12. UTS Diabetes for Palm OS 1.3- It tracks your blood sugar level, your insulin intake, the amount of carbohydrates you consume and your regular diabetic medicines. It can record blood glucose readings in both mg/dl and mmol/l, colored marks for dangerous, normal and the required blood glucose level, you can calculate your insulin and medication doses required to lower the high blood glucose, can email your doctor the report directly from Palm which I think an exciting feature, can export data from Palm in Excel or CSV format to your desktop. All these features come with a price tag of $14.95. Download http://www.lisisoft.com/download.php?id=88122.
13. Manage your diabetes with SiDiary Windows Mobile – For mobile users you can track your diabetes data with SiDiary as it can track your data for 4 different medicines, it can be your insulin dose, your tablets or both. With the mobile version you can send SMS to your doctor or any trusted person automatically if the software tracks the reports as critical which is very interesting. You can download this for a 30 day trial http://www.sidiary.org/default.asp?id=146&idMenu=5.
14. Diabetes HomeCare Center – The site provides graphical as well as analytical analysis of the blood glucose level of the patients. It can download data from blood glucose meters like LifeScan OneTouch, Glucometer Dex, Glucometer Elite XL, LifeScan OneTouch II and MediSense Precision Xtra only directly to the website. Go http://www.homecarecenter.com/Diabetes/English/main/default.asp.
15. Dia-Log.com – Dia-Log.com is an online diabetes log book and the person behind this is a diabetic himself.You can track your sugar level, insulin dose, carbohydrates and other foods manually using this tool and is totally free. Go http://www.dia-log.com/.
16. HealthEngage Diabetes – It is a free glucose tracking application and has 20 widgets.Users are free to opt for manual entry or entry via the glucose meter. You can embed You tube videos. A beta version is also available for mobile/iPhone. Log on to http://www.healthengage.com/.
17. HealtheHuman- The site has got easy to use tools which tracks your diet, blood sugar, blood pressure,medicines,daily exercises to name a few. You can store your images or any electronic file privately which you can access it any time. It helps you to keep a full record of your medical history .Has tools through which you can create your reports, charts and analysis tools which will help you in monitoring your health data. It’s a free one http://www.healthehuman.com/.
18. Lifeclinic – Track your blood glucose, blood pressure, pulse, weight, and cholesterol manually with https://www.lifeclinic.com/.
19. Nutrihand – It manages your diet and exercise along with blood glucose and for that you will have to pay $9.95 per month but the first month is free https://www.nutrihand.com/Nutrihand/myNutrihandMP.do.
20. PlasmaGlucose- Is a web based diary where you can keep your data of blood sugar level, food and insulin intake and it will be a great help to your doctor http://www.plasmaglucose.com/.
21. SugarStats- A free program which lets you track your blood glucose levels, medications, foods http://www.sugarstats.com/.
22. Insulin Helper helps you to find out the required amount of insulin which you need to take before your meal using a customized wallet sized card. Go http://www.mistebar.com/ and you will also get tips on how to improve your blood glucose.
23. If you have an iPhone/iPod then you can use Glucose-Charter Pro which reports your blood glucose level, insulin, and medication. You can download it at Apple store for $1.99 http://glucose-charter.com/.
24. Glucose Buddy and Glucose Buddy Lite- The best thing is that they both are free for your iPhone.iPod .You can manage your glucose level along with carbohydrate and insulin/medicine intake. You will get a detailed entry upto 60 readings in graphical and statistical analysis with email facilities http://www.oneapponecause.com/.
25. ResQr Diabetic Coach- It is for use in iPhone/iPod use which will give you step by step instructions on how to handle emergency in case of diabetic emergency. Go here http://resqrsoftware.com/diabetic-coach.php.
These are the above mentioned diabetes softwares and diabetes tools which I have compiled referring to various sources. You can select and find the best diabetic software according to your need.
Photo: SPN Red de Software.
Technorati tags: Diabetes, Type 1, Type 2, Gestational, Treatment, Glucose, Blood Sugar, Insulin, Software, Tools.
Blogalaxia tags: Diabetes, Type 1, Type 2, Gestational, Treatment, Glucose, Blood Sugar, Insulin, Software, Tools.